The educational purpose of the Effusivimeter allows to measure the thermal conductivity of all insulating materials such as polystyrene, polyurethane, mineral wool, terracotta/raw, ceramics, plastics, wood, the super insulators and many others.
Our device consists of a thermal shock probe, to be placed between two samples of the material to be characterized (symmetrical assembly), an electronic acquisition box, a graphical interface software to manage the tests and process the results and a Practical Work document.
Our device complies with ASTM D5930-97 standards.
The principle of this shock probe is to produce locally a low heating of the material (a few degrees above the sample) and to measure this temperature rise over time (duration of a few minutes).
By mathematical processing of this signal integrated in the supplied software, the identification of the thermal conductivity is achieved.
Illustration of the CEP (non-contractual photo)
- Signal conditioning box and excitation management for hot wire
- 1 AC adapter,
- 1 USB cable
- 1 hot wire probe (150 mm)
- Hot wire management software license and equivalent thermal conductivity calculation*
- A TP for students at the BTS level or equivalent and its correction
- 3 sets of 2 test tubes (Wood, Brick and Insulation)
- Operating instructions for the device and software
- A PC (optional)
1 hot plane probe (optional)
- Thermal effusivity calculation software license* (optional)
- Samples : solid …
- Minimum sample size : 160 x 10 mm, 3mm to 20mm thickness.
- Conductivity range : 0.005 to 1 W.m-1.K-1
- Measurement accuracy : 10%
- Reproducibility : 3%
- Measurement temperature range : 0 to 80°C
- Power supply : 220V, 50Hz